Taylor Swift is a multi-platinum recording artist, Grammy award-winning singer and songwriter, and cultural icon. She’s known for her distinctive voice, personal songwriting, and evolving sense of style. Over the years, Swift has become a style icon, inspiring fans around the world with her fashion choices, hairstyles, and makeup looks– but one aspect of her personal style that has intrigued many is her choice of perfume. Fans and beauty enthusiasts alike have long been curious about what fragrance Taylor Swift wears. Let’s explore Swift’s perfume history, her current perfume choice, and the appeal of her signature scent. Whether you’re a die-hard Swiftie or simply curious about celebrity perfume, you’re sure to find something of interest here.
Taylor Swift’s perfume history
Early Career Perfumes
- While Taylor Swift’s perfume choices are not well-documented during her early career, it’s possible that she didn’t have a signature scent yet. This is common for young artists who are still exploring their personal style and preferences.
- However, it’s also possible that Swift experimented with different fragrances during this time. In interviews, she has mentioned wearing scents such as Love’s Baby Soft and Abercrombie & Fitch Fierce, both of which were popular during the early 2000s.
Red Era Perfumes
- During her “Red” era, Swift was seen wearing the fragrance Wonderstruck Eau de Parfum. This perfume, released by Swift in collaboration with Elizabeth Arden, features notes of freesia, apple blossom, and raspberry. It’s a sweet, fruity fragrance with a hint of floral notes.
- Wonderstruck was a commercial success, and it received positive reviews from both critics and fans. It was described as a youthful and playful scent, perfect for Swift’s fan base at the time. The fragrance was also a hit with consumers, and it remains a popular choice among Swifties today.
1989 Era Perfumes
- Swift’s fragrance choice during her “1989” era was Taylor by Taylor Swift Eau de Parfum. This perfume, also released in collaboration with Elizabeth Arden, features notes of tangerine, vanilla, and sandalwood. It’s a warm, sweet fragrance with a hint of citrus notes.
- Taylor by Taylor Swift received mixed reviews from critics, but it was generally well-received by fans. It was described as a sophisticated and elegant scent, suitable for Swift’s transition from country music to pop music. The fragrance was also a commercial success, and it helped solidify Swift’s status as a fragrance mogul.
Reputation Era Perfumes
- During her “Reputation” era, Swift was seen wearing the fragrance Karyn Khoury. This perfume, created by the legendary Karyn Khoury, features notes of vanilla, musk, and patchouli. It’s a bold, seductive fragrance with a hint of sweetness.
- Karyn Khoury was a departure from Swift’s previous fragrances, which were known for their sweet and playful qualities. This scent was darker and more mature, reflecting Swift’s evolution as an artist and person. The fragrance received positive reviews from both critics and fans, and it helped establish Swift’s reputation as a fragrance connoisseur.
Lover Era Perfumes
- Swift’s fragrance choice during her “Lover” era was the signature scent from her own brand, Taylor Swift. This perfume features notes of pink pepper, apricot, and wild berries. It’s a light, fruity fragrance with a hint of spice notes.
- Taylor Swift’s signature scent was well-received by fans, who praised its unique and youthful qualities. The fragrance was described as a “feel-good” scent, perfect for the romantic and playful themes of the “Lover” album. The perfume was also a commercial success, and it helped establish Swift’s brand as a major player in the fragrance industry.
While Swift’s perfume preferences have changed over the years, one thing remains consistent: her love of fragrance. Swift has demonstrated a keen sense of style and an appreciation for the power of scent, and her perfume choices have reflected her evolving tastes and personality.
Whether you prefer the sweet and playful scents of her earlier eras or the bold and mature fragrances of her more recent years, there’s no denying that Swift’s perfume choices have had a significant impact on the fragrance industry and on her fans.
Taylor Swift’s fragrance choices suggest that she has a preference for sweet, fruity, and floral notes, with a hint of warmth and spice. Many of her fragrances feature notes such as vanilla, musk, raspberry, and sandalwood, which add a sweet and playful quality to the scent. However, Swift has also shown a willingness to experiment with bolder, more mature fragrances, featuring notes such as patchouli, pink pepper, and apricot. Overall, Swift’s fragrance preferences seem to reflect her evolving tastes and personality, as she continues to explore new scents and styles.
If you want to smell like Taylor Swift, shop similar scents by Dossier now!
Floral Berries Inspired by Jo Malone’s Peony & Blush Suede
Gourmand White Flowers Inspired by Viktor&Rolf’s Flowerbomb
Floral Jasmine Inspired by Tom Ford’s Jasmin Rouge